1. The hiring relates to the exclusive use of the agreed accommodation and access thereto and to the toilets, kitchen and parking area (for vehicular parking only and for no other purpose), all which accommodation and access facilities are hereinafter referred to as “the premises”. Amesbury Baptist Church shall be hereinafter referred to as “the Church”.
2. No smoking shall be permitted nor shall any intoxicating liquor or drugs or the consumption or use thereof be allowed on the premises.
3. The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents thereof, their care, safety from damage however slight and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, including proper supervision of parking arrangements. Adequate adult supervision must be provided at all times.
4. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Application and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow them to be used for any unlawful or immoral purpose or in any unlawful or immoral manner or bring to the premises anything which may endanger the same or prejudice the terms of any insurance policies in respect thereof.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made or imposed in respect of the premises by Government, Fire, Local or other Authorities.
6. The Hirer shall indemnify the Church for the cost of any repairs or loss to any part of the premises or their contents (which for the purposes of this condition shall include those parts of the church premises and their contents which are not subject to the hiring) which may occur during the period of, or as a result of, the hiring. The Hirer shall indemnify the Church, its officers and members against all actions, expenses, claims, damages, penalties and demands arising out of or in any way connected with the hiring and the use of the premises during the period thereof.
7. The Church may, at its discretion, require payment of a deposit at the time of payment the Hiring Fee and in that event the Church will, if the premises have been left in a clean and tidy condition and all contents have been accounted for, and within 28 days of the termination of the Hiring, repay such deposit less the cost of rectifying any damage or replacing any such loss.
8. The Church reserves the right to cancel the Hiring in the event of the premises being required for use as a polling station for any Parliamentary or Local Government Election or by-election in which case, the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any payment in regard to that Hiring.
9. In the event of the premises or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Church shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
10. The premises must not be used as a committee room for any Candidate at an Election nor for any other political purpose.
11. The premises must not be used for any activities use involving gambling of any kind.
12. The Hirer will not permit any livestock or domestic animal to be brought on to the premises other than Guide Dogs.
13. The Hirer must vacate the premises by the time stated in the Hiring Agreement. All crockery and cutlery must be washed up and put away after use for which purpose the Hirer must provide all cleaning materials. All food and rubbish are to be removed from the premises by the Hirer containers to be provided by the Hirer. The premises are to be properly swept up, tables and chairs are to be returned to their storage positions and the Hirer must ensure that all toilets are clean.
14. The Hirer must report any damage to the premises or their contents immediately and will be responsible for payment for the cost of repairs or replacement. No notices or other items are to be pinned up or otherwise affixed to the premises.
15. The Church does not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury to persons using the premises or for damage to their belongings.
16. Equipment belonging to the Church or regular users of the premises is not available for use by others.
17. Storage space is very limited and regular Hirers of the premises may only store equipment by written consent.
18. The Hiring shall include such crockery, cutlery and equipment as is necessary for the preparation of hot beverages, cold drinks and light refreshments such as sandwiches, cake and biscuits, and shall not be extended to include the use of any cooking, dishwashing, refrigeration and freezing or other equipment or facilities.
19. The premises shall not be used by any person or organisation which in the opinion of the Church holds beliefs or carries out practices contrary to the Christian Doctrine and Teachings nor for any purpose which in such opinion, militates or might militate against the general ethos of Christianity.
20. In the event of a breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Hirer, the Church may terminate the Hiring forthwith verbally or in writing and the Hirer shall immediately vacate the premises in accordance with condition 13, without the refund of any payments made in regard to the Hiring (other than the return of any deposit or proper proportion thereof calculated in accordance with condition 7).
21. The Hirer must comply with all current Government guidance re social distancing and a Covid 19 hygiene requirements or any future equivalent guidance which may be issued.
22. The Hirer should provide evidence of their Safeguarding Policy and up to date Safeguarding training. [Safeguarding for children & vulnerable adults]
23. The Hirer should provide a general risk assessment plus Covid19 risk assessment relating to their activities.
Details to be emailed to email@example.com