Amesbury Baptist Church began when four couples (two civilian and two
On 3 March 1991, the first service was held in Redworth House Council offices in Amesbury and then on 24 March 1991, 27 people became members at the Covenant of Membership service.
Larger premises were soon needed due to the numbers of people coming along, so services were then held in The Stonehenge School from 1991 to 1997.
In March 1994, planning permission was obtained for a new building, which was to become the home of Amesbury Baptist Church and offer rooms for hire to the community. The Amesbury Fellowship raised £100,000 towards the building.
The current building opened in 1997 and continues to offer space for worship and fellowship.
OUR CORE VALUES
2. We believe in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with anyone who lives in and around Amesbury, especially Boscombe Down, Archers Gate, King’s Gate and the surrounding area.
3. We believe that we can grow to spiritual maturity by engaging with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit through prayer, Bible studies, home groups, regular church appearance and attending external Christian events.
4. We believe that everyone has a God-given gift to be discovered and used for active service within our community.
5. We believe in a place where the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated, the lonely and confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance and encouragement.
6. We believe at Amesbury Baptist Church that everyone is important and loved by God and it is our heartfelt desire to honour these principles too.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
“To bring the people of the Amesbury area to a lifelong knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.”